Emerge from winter and either keep going, or get going with some trail run training to be at your best come summer.
Starting Thursday, March 15 (6:45 PM) for 8 weeks, I’ll be hosting a trail run clinic. Each week we’ll gather at a Winnipeg park (see below) for diverse and varied run training, trail and ultra tips, lots of time for Q&A, and piles of fun. Prior to each workout, those who have registered and paid for the entire clinic will receive a newsletter sent via email with details.
Dates & Locations (See all possible training locations linked below.)
Thursday, March 15 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Thursday, March 22 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Thursday, March 29 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Thursday, April 5 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Thursday, April 12 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Saturday, April 14 – Oxbow 50 Training Day @ Spruce Woods Provincial Park
Oxbow Training Day & Lunch Details
- Training day will take place on Saturday, April 14 beginning at the trailhead at 9:00 AM. (Don’t forget your Provincial Park Pass)
- There will be 2 distance options; To the T-Intersection & back (10 miles/17k), or the entire loop (22 miles/42k). Please note that you are ultimately responsible for you and should be prepared for the distance you choose to run.
- Lunch will be available upon return to the parking.
- If you’d like to participate, the cost is $20 (unless you are part of the Spring Trail Clinic), please RSVP via this Google form by April 10th.
Thursday, April 19 (6:45 PM) – Civic Park
Thursday, April 26 (6:45 PM) – Churchhill Drive Trails – Meet by the football field behind Churchill High School.
Thursday, May 3 (6:45 PM) – Churchill Drive Trails
- Civic Park – Terry Sawchuk Arena
- Hill, lots of parking, not an Off-Leash Dog Park (yay!), may be washrooms in the arena if it’s open.
- Whittier Park
- Single-track trails along the river, no washrooms in the park.
- Churchhill Drive Trails
- Single-track trails along the river, no washrooms, parking along Churchill Drive.
**DROP IN OPTION (Cash only, bring exact amount, and you’ll need to sign a waiver upon arrival.)
– $12 per Thursday evening training session.
– $20 for the Oxbow 50 training day on April 14 (includes lunch). RSVP a week before is required.
– Location and details will be posted on this website on the Monday prior to each week’s training session.
If you have any questions, please contact me; toews[dot]ja[at]gmail[dot]com.